PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS CLAUSE. YOU MAY BE GIVING UP SOME OF YOUR RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
3. YOUR ACCOUNT. You are required to open an account to use or access the Site or Service. You must complete the registration process by providing the complete and accurate information requested on the registration form. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use the account, username, or password of someone else at any time. You agree to notify Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name, or password. Company shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
4. USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES. You may only use this Site and its Services for your personal, noncommercial, home use. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of this Site or its Services, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other functionality. You will not violate or attempt to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mail bombing," or "crashing;" or (d) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human- perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
5. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, "Software") are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
6. USER CONTENT. You grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content ("User Content") to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. Not in any way limited the foregoing, you understand that your User Content will be placed on the Site and offered as part of the Service, where anyone can make the User Content his or her browser theme. Additionally, the User Content may be incorporated into other websites and extensions where it can be used by anyone in the manner specified by those websites or extensions. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, "Content") in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
9. DMCA TAKE DOWN PROCEDURES. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed on the rights of Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. Company's policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide Company with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (simply typing your name at the end of an email is sufficient); (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to Company's designated agent at: email@example.com. Please do not place attachments in the email, as due to the amount of viruses we have received via email lately, the attachments will not be opened. You may write your DMCA take down request with the above information in an email. If we need additional information, we will reach out to you and then you may provide us the additional information.
11. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
12. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY'S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
14. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2016 PlanetThemes.com. All rights reserved.
15. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
17. AGREEMENT TO PRE-DISPUTE NOTIFICATIONS AND MEDIATION. This Agreement provides for final, binding arbitration of all disputed claims (discussed immediately below). The Company and you agree, however, that it would be advantageous to discuss and hopefully resolve any disputes before arbitration proceedings or any other proceedings authorized herein are initiated. In the event of a dispute, you shall send a notice to the Company briefly summarizing the claim and the request for relief to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If the dispute is not resolved within 60 days after notice is sent, you may proceed to initiate arbitration proceedings or any other proceedings authorized herein.
18. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. Except to the limited extent noted below, any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of the Site or Services shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures (collectively, the "Rules"). In the event of any conflict between the Rules and this Agreement, this Agreement shall govern.
Unless either party or the arbitrator requests a hearing, the parties will submit their arguments and evidence to the arbitrator in writing. The arbitrator will make an award based only on those documents. This is called a Desk Arbitration. If any party makes a written request for a hearing within 10 days after the American Arbitration Association acknowledges receipt of a claimant's demand for arbitration (or the arbitrator requests a hearing), the parties shall participate in a telephone hearing. In no event shall any party be required to travel in order to participate in the arbitration.
If you decide to initiate arbitration, the provider will require you to pay an initial filing fee. Currently, this fee is $750 for claims under $75,000. If your filing fee is more than $750, the Company will reimburse you for any excess fee promptly after it receives notice of your arbitration. If the arbitrator ultimately rules in your favor, the Company will also reimburse you for the $750 initial filing fee.
This arbitration agreement is subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and is enforceable pursuant to its terms on a self-executing basis. Either party may seek enforcement of this provision in any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall determine any and all challenges to the arbitrability of a claim.
The arbitral award shall be judicially enforceable. Any court of competent jurisdiction may, and upon request shall, enter judgment on the arbitral award. Either party may seek confirmation (judgment on the award) and/or enforcement of the award in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary, and with the exception of Desk Arbitrations, the Federal Rules of Evidence shall govern the admissibility of evidence in any arbitral proceeding.
Both you and the Company waive the right to bring any claim covered by this dispute resolution provision as a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, or to participate in a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action regarding any claim covered by this dispute resolution provision brought by anyone else. Notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary, the arbitrator shall not have the authority or any jurisdiction to hear the arbitration as a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action or to consolidate, join, or otherwise combine the claims of different persons into one proceeding.
If a proposed class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action is initiated notwithstanding the above prohibition and it is finally determined by the arbitrator (or a court of competent jurisdiction) that the waiver specified herein is not enforceable, then the arbitration proceedings shall be bifurcated as follows and notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary: (1) The issue of arbitrability shall be determined by the arbitrator pursuant to the applicable rules and substantive law. (2) Assuming the arbitrator concludes that the arbitration may proceed, said arbitration shall be stayed, and the issue of whether to certify any alleged or putative class for a class action (or other representative) proceeding shall be presented to and decided by a court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall not have authority or jurisdiction to decide class certification (or any similar representative action) issues. The decision to certify or not certify a class action (or to otherwise permit the action to proceed on a representative basis) shall be appealable in the judicial proceedings consistent with the rules and law governing the appeals of interlocutory decisions or class certification (or similar) rulings specifically, if appropriate. (3) Once any issues regarding class certification (and/or similar representative requirements) have been finally decided by the court, the arbitrator will have authority to decide the substantive claims on an individual or a class (or other representative) basis, as may be determined and directed by the court.
The arbitrator(s) shall not have the power to commit errors of law or legal reasoning, make clearly erroneous factual findings, or abuse his or her discretion, and the award may be vacated or corrected on appeal to a court of competent jurisdiction for any such error.
19. OPTING OUT OF THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. You may elect to opt out (exclude yourself) from the final, binding arbitration procedure and the class action waiver specified in this Agreement by doing the following: Within 30 days of making an account on the Site, you must send a notice by email to email@example.com that specifies (1) your name, (2) your mailing address and email address, and (3) your request to be excluded from the final, binding arbitration procedure and class action waiver specified in this Agreement. All other terms shall continue to apply, including the requirement to pre-dispute notification and mediation. Your notice must be received by the applicable 30-day deadline to be effective.
21. UNITED STATES USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the United States. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations.